Sunday, October 19, 2008

Gotta Love Colorful Colorado...



So, we were lucky enough to get away up to the mountains a couple weekends ago and check out the leaves turning. I think we were a little early. We didn't see the bright reds but saw lots of amazing golds and brilliant yellows.

We headed West up to Silver Plume, which is only about 45 minutes from where we are, and stopped to check stuff out.









I think this is about where we heard Big Foot. There was some rustling in the trees and bushes and some growling noises. We were pretty freaked out and even though Jack is brave, it seemed like a good time to grab Dad's hand!



Luckily, after some investigation on Jack's part, we realized it was just Daddy being silly





We all had a lot of fun. Colorado is so beautiful. Gar and I are constantly amazed by the beauty that surrounds us and how lucky we feel to live here.

7 comments:

Brittney said...

your colors have changed a lot earlier than ours. When we were in the mountains a couple weeks ago, I was surprised that it was still so green. I guess that's what we get along with the warmer weather. Can't wait to see the beautiful fall colors though.

Love the pic of Gary and Jack!

anderson's said...

What is not to love about Colorado!? Cute pics. I love the one with Jack & the Aspens!

Jacynthe said...

Your photos are awesome missy!! Love the one of Jackson and Gary oh Gary (say it like Sponge Bob would)

Christen, Doug and Dillon said...

Jack's so cute! I can't wait to see you guys! I'm not surprised that Gar turned out to be bigfoot, he is kind of hairy! ;)

Murphfam said...

Hey Syd, nice pics. I love the beach here, but I do wish we had more fall colors!! Jackson is such a cute kid. Hope you're all doing well. Love ya, Tammy

Jennybug said...

I love these pictures. I didn't get any great fall pictures, this year. I wonder if I still have time?

Willis Family said...

Such pretty pics. I love the fall in Colorado. Finally we got snow today. Hey, I need your email...mine is adammary@gmail.com. It was fun running into you today. Made me miss you more than I already did. Let's get together.
Hugs,
Mary
Love that Jack!